Join the IMEX hosted buyer program
Who can be a hosted buyer?
If you regularly plan or commission large-scale global events, you can join our hosted buyer program.
Our hosted buyer program is designed for event professionals coming to IMEX with business in mind. You'll experience the best of the show while making the business connections that matter.
If you'd like a VIP experience with free travel and free accommodations while you're at the show, and can commit to booking meetings with our exhibitors, then apply today!
See the hosted buyer qualifying criteria - coming soon.
What you'll receive as a hosted buyer
Free travel and accommodations
- Free flights
- Free accommodations
- The knowledge that we're taking care of the details
- Attendance is free too of course—and there are no cancelation fees or fines
Flexible meeting scheduling
- Exhibitors from hotel groups, event tech providers, convention bureaus
- Airlines and travel providers
- Event management agencies
Free professional development
- Association Leadership Forum, Executive Meeting Forum and Corporate Focus
- To expert insight at drop-in education throughout the show
Exclusive lounge access
- Recharge, relax and refresh
- Catch up with calls and with fellow hosted buyers and to meet our friendly Hosted Buyer Team—there to answer any questions you have
What we ask in return
We regularly check that buyers are making and attending their meetings (on average IMEX buyers plan 16+ meetings during their time at the show.)
IMEX AMERICA SHOW STATS 2023
How can I be a hosted buyer?
Applying to be a hosted buyer
Around 300 of our exhibitors invite their key clients to come to IMEX as hosted buyers (we call these exhibitors intermediaries). So, if you receive an invitation from one of them, and you’d like to be a hosted buyer:
- Follow the link they've sent you
- Create your IMEX account
- Use the unique invitation code to join their hosted buyer group
Hosted buyer meetings
All buyers commit to booking at least six to eight 30-minute meetings per day direct with exhibitors using our Exhibitor Directory and online meeting system.
Coming to IMEX from a corporate organisation?
If you need to convince your manager why you should attend IMEX, our convince your boss toolkit helps build the case:
Convince your boss email - coming soon
IMEX America expenses - coming soon
Benefits of attending IMEX America - coming soon
Letter to compliance department - coming soon
"I approached this event with a strategic mindset. I appreciated the advance announcements, like the exhibitor list being open, which allowed me to plan and schedule my meetings accordingly. I've been pleasantly surprised by the strong sense of community and inclusivity here. I've formed some fantastic connections through networking and enjoyed the various events hosted at individual booths. It's been a lot of fun, and I can't wait to share everything with my team".
Elizabeth Orfin, Novogradac