Find quick answers to your IMEX questions
Featured question: How do I create an account for IMEX America 2023?
Everybody registering for IMEX America first has to create a brand new IMEX account. Unless you've already attended an IMEX event in 2023, your old password won’t work.
But creating an IMEX account saves you masses of time in the long run. And it takes less than five minutes.
Once you’ve created your new IMEX account once, you won’t have to do it again. You can come back to your account time and again, for both IMEX Frankfurt and IMEX America.
Creating your IMEX account is easy. Allow Suzanne to guide you with this short video.
How does exhibiting at IMEX work?
- What’s included in the exhibiting package?
- As well as your space-only or shell-scheme booth we offer:
* Our online meeting system including unlimited schedules and access to our buyers via our messaging service
* A web page in our online Exhibitor Directory
* Opportunities to be included in our Show Preview and Daily News Online
* Free booth partner and team member registration
* Exhibitor marketing support and training webinars
* The personal year-round support of our Sales Team
- How do I apply to take a booth at IMEX?
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +44 1273 224955.
We’re here to help you choose the best option.
- When is the exhibiting booking deadline?
- There is no hard deadline, however we recommend booking well in advance to allow time to benefit from the full exhibiting package, and to be certain of a space.
- How do we get meetings with buyers?
- Your profile in our Exhibitor Directory is key. This is where our buyers will find you. You can also contact them via our meeting system. More details to follow soon.
Once a buyer has booked a meeting with you, you can message them direct, and view their meeting profile for information on what they’d like to discuss and any RFPs they might have added.
Join one of our webinars or give us a call for a walk through the system.
- Can you help promote my booth?
- Yes, we’re here to help you with marketing and PR support.
From how to reach the press coming to the show, through how to make your buyer messages stand out, to how to get your story in the IMEX News Online, we’ll show you how.
- What sponsorship opportunities are available at IMEX?
- We offer a range of sponsorship packages to suit all budgets. Explore our sponsorship opportunities.
- Contact us about exhibiting
- Email: email@example.com
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
How does the hosted
buyer program work?
- Who can be a hosted buyer?
- You need to meet our qualifying criteria of regularly planning or booking large-scale events outside your home country. Learn more about being a hosted buyer.
- What am I committing to if I come as a hosted buyer?
- We ask that you come to the show with business in hand - and that you stay for complete days at the show. The easiest way to do business and get best value from the show is by booking meetings. We recommend at least six to eight a day. Learn more about meetings at IMEX.
- What’s the cost?
- As a hosted buyer, you’ll enjoy free flights and free accommodations. Attendance is free too of course, and there are no cancelation fees or fines.
- How does the application process work?
- You may apply directly to the IMEX hosted buyer program or you may be invited by an intermediary who is exhibiting at the show. Read more about applying to be a hosted buyer.
- How is my application assessed?
- You must have the potential to research, organize, influence, or make budgetary decisions for international events (outside your home country). You also must have three confirmed or planned events taking place in the next three years.
We’ll check the information you provide with the venues you mention. Incorrect information may delay or invalidate your application. We make the final decision.
- As a hosted buyer, how long do I have to be at the show for?
- You choose how many days you attend the show. We just ask you to be at the show during opening hours, while you’re in Las Vegas as our VIP guest.
- As an agency buyer, can I invite clients to IMEX?
- Yes you can, contact our Hosted Buyer Team on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can issue an invitation.
- Who can I contact about the hosted buyer program?
- Email email@example.com and our Hosted Buyer Team will be happy to answer any questions you have.
What are intermediaries at IMEX?
- What do intermediaries do?
- As an intermediary, you’ll invite your clients to the show, check their hosted buyer applications before we do and look after them while they’re here.
You’ll make sure your group know their itinerary and their commitment to stay at the show during opening hours. You’ll nominate a group leader to look after them and be our key contact for your group. We’ll cover their flights and accommodation too.
You’ll work with a dedicated IMEX Relationship Manager to help you do all this.
- Why be an intermediary?
- IMEX is where key connections and partnerships are made. Inviting your clients to the show and looking after them while they’re here is a unique experience that brings long-term rewards and relationships. Learn more about being an intermediary.
- Who can be an intermediary?
- All exhibitors with their own booths at IMEX are welcome to become intermediaries.
- How do I apply to be an intermediary?
- Contact Sarah Lloyd, Director of Hosted Buyer Programmes, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the key dates for intermediaries?
- See all key dates and responsibilities for intermediaries.
About the show
- Who's going to be there?
- Each year more than 10,000 people come to IMEX. You will meet buyers and suppliers from across the world, all working in the global business events industry. Our Exhibitor Directory will be available soon, where you can browse all suppliers and exhibitors at IMEX. We also have a free education program, with inspiring speakers covering many topics.
- How much does it cost to attend?
- IMEX is free to attend.
- How can I request assistance at the show?
- You can email our Operations Team: email@example.com, or give us a call on +44 1273 224 958.
- Do I have to attend all three days?
- This depends on your attendee type. As a hosted buyer, you will attend the show for full days according to your program dates. However, as an attendee, student, faculty, or buyer attendee you can attend any day of the show.
- Can I attend as a student?
- Yes, students studying event management can attend the show. You can register like any other visitor. We recommend students attend on Thursday, October 19.
- When will I receive my badge?
- Your badge will be emailed to you before the show. Print it out (in color) and bring it with you. Pick up a badge holder and lanyard on arrival. If you can’t print it out before the show, use our Scan & Go desk when you arrive.
If you need to change the name on your badge, or if you haven’t received your badge, contact us and we’ll email you a new badge. Or go to our Scan & Go desk when you arrive. If you’d like to add accreditation to your badge (one accreditation is permitted), contact us and we can add it.
- What language is spoken at IMEX?
- English is the main language at the show. Education sessions can also be translated into multiple languages using Wordly.ai on your device. Details will be provided in the education areas.
- Are education sessions translated or transcribed?
- Yes, sessions in the main IMEX education areas use Wordly.ai, which can translate speech into 25 languages, for real-time translation and transcription. At the session you can scan a QR code. You will be asked to choose your language. You can use your device's headset to listen to the session or can read a transcript on your device.
- When does registration close?
- Online registration for attendees, buyer attendees, press, students and faculty is open until the weekend before IMEX America. After this time you can register at the show.
- Is there a dress code?
- As this is a business event, most people wear a mix of business and casual wear; however, we encourage you to wear clothes you feel most comfortable in, including comfortable shoes. Las Vegas can be very warm, even in October, so indoor spaces are usually air-conditioned. We recommend you keep this in mind, wear layers such as jackets or cardigans and check the weather.
- I have dietary requirements, what kind of food is available?
- We offer a wide variety of food outlets on the show floor and there are many options available in the food court, coffee stands and restaurants in Mandalay Bay.
If you have any further questions around dietary requirements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have any quiet spaces?
- Attendees are welcome to use the Resilience Room, presented in partnership by The Neu Project and Marriott International. This room is a dedicated space for recovery from sensory overwhelm, restoration and regulation. The room serves as a calming retreat where attendees can take a break and renew. Available daily from 9:30am-5:00pm in the Bayside E Foyer.
Attendees are also welcome to visit the Inspiration Hub Wellbeing Wheel, with a unique VR activation provided by InHouse Physicians.
- Will I be affected by the recent MGM cyber attack?
- We’ve been reassured by our partners at MGM and are very confident that everyone attending IMEX America this year will experience little to no impact following the recent cyber attack. Promptly after detecting the issue, MGM took immediate steps to protect their systems and data. All MGM hotels are now operating normally and continue to welcome guests, including large groups. We’ll continue to share updates as appropriate. In the meantime, the latest information can be found on MGM’s FAQs page here
- Can I apply to speak at IMEX?
- We're always interested in hearing from speakers who understand and can positively impact all areas of the business events community. We're focused on hearing from diverse voices and welcome speakers from underrepresented groups bringing a wide range of experiences and perspectives.
We don’t compensate speakers for travel or accommodations expenses or pay appearance fees. We view speaking opportunities at IMEX as mutually beneficial, an opportunity to present yourself and your ideas to an influential and engaged audience together with a chance to leverage PR opportunities.
Apply to speak at IMEX
Health and safety
- Do I need a vaccine against COVID-19 to attend IMEX America 2023?
- What COVID-19 safety measures are in place at Mandalay Bay?
- Mandalay Bay has achieved the gold standard for prepared events—the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation. The venue is also equipped with highly efficient ventilation that provides 12 full air exchanges per hour, and hand sanitizers are available throughout the exhibit hall.
- Will I have to wear a mask during IMEX America?
- No. However you are welcome to wear a mask if you feel more comfortable to do so.