TRAVEL, TRANSFERS, ACCOMMODATIONS AND VISAS
IMEX hosted buyers can enjoy free travel and accommodations as part of our hosted buyer program. *International (non-US based) hosted buyers who register directly with IMEX America as part of the individual hosted buyer program, will not receive reimbursement for their travel costs.
Before you make your travel arrangements you should familiarize yourself with the important information below. As a hosted buyer coming to IMEX, you should make sure you meet the commitments set out in the terms and commitments, including attending the show for the full duration of your program and arriving by 10:00am each day.
You should also refer to our information about travel reimbursements.
Essential travel, hotel and visa information
- Flying to IMEX America
- Booking a flight to IMEX America
Have the convenience of booking your own flights with your preferred airline and gain any applicable airline loyalty points.
You can use this as an opportunity to extend your stay or combine with a stopover elsewhere (so long as your flights are booked on one ticket) you can claim up to the reimbursement banding limit for the entire trip.
Before booking your flight:
- Check the arrival and departure dates (can be found in your welcome email or in your IMEX account)
- Check the travel reimbursement limits and conditions
- Check the banding limit from your home airport - see the reimbursement banding table on the travel reimbursements page
Your travel should be booked to ensure that you are able to attend the full day of your program dates - you can find your program dates in your welcome email or in your IMEX account. See the hosted buyer program options for more information on travel times.
If you're traveling from the East coast of the US or Canada and/or want to avoid a red eye, we have several options for you. Check the program and attendance dates section of the hosted buyer terms and conditions for more information.
- Arrival in Las Vegas and shuttle bus transfers
- Allow extra time to get to Mandalay Bay from your hotel as traffic may be affected by preparation for the Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix (November 16-18). Shuttle buses start at 7:45am, so make sure to get an early start and head over to the Hosted Buyer Lounge for a coffee well before your first meeting.
We provide a number of shuttle bus transfers - view the shuttle bus timetable
If you arrive outside the transfer dates/times below make your own way to your hotel or IMEX America (at your own expense).
On arrival at Harry Reid International airport, Las Vegas, IMEX America hosts in red t-shirts will direct you to your shuttle bus.
- Arrivals into Terminal 1: go to Starbucks in baggage reclaim (even if you don’t have luggage to collect)
- Arrivals into Terminal 3: go to Door 51 in the baggage reclaim (even if you don’t have luggage to collect)
Arriving before Monday 16 October:
No IMEX America transfers will be available. Contact your group leader/intermediary, if arriving for a fam trip or as a group.
Arriving Monday, October 16:
Transfers run 8:00am - 8:00pm to IMEX America hosted hotels only. If you're arriving outside these times, we’ll contact you in advance.
or take the Smart Monday transfer from the airport straight to Smart Monday education. Luggage storage is open 7:30am - 7:00pm and is complimentary for hosted buyers.
Note: there are no shuttle buses back to the hotels from Smart Monday. You will need to make your own way at your own expense.
Arriving Tuesday, October 17:
Transfers run 8:00am – 3:00pm straight to the show.
Note: there is no luggage delivery to hotels this year so take your bags to the show where can store them in the coat and bag check free-of-charge.
- Driving to IMEX America
- If you’re driving to IMEX America, refer to the travel reimbursement limits and conditions for instructions about travel dates and times, travel reimbursement limits as well as other travel rules.
- We book your hotel for you, and choose the hotel based on the hosted buyer group you’re part of, and your program dates. Once your hotel is confirmed, we'll email you when you can view your hotel details in your IMEX account, under hotel confirmation. This is also where you will find your confirmed hosted nights. It is your responsibility to check these are correct and book your flights accordingly.
This will be approximately eight weeks before the show. Check the details straight away and let us know if any changes need to be made.
IMEX hosts you on a room-only basis at one of our partner hotels according to your group dates and travel preferences.
Note breakfast is not included (check with your intermediary if any additional arrangements have been made).
Check-in and check-out times
Check-in is usually from 4:00pm on your day of arrival.
On the morning of departure check out in good time to ensure that you are on the show floor by 10:00am.
Additional nights for leisure
Any additional nights required at your host hotel can be booked by yourself through "Passkey". Full instructions on how to do this will be sent to you individually with your booking confirmation (around eight weeks before the show).
- HOTEL FAQs
- Q. Can I change my hosted hotel?
A. No, your hotel is chosen based on your program dates and the hosted buyer group you’re part of.
Q. When will I receive my hotel booking confirmation number?
A. We’ll email you the hotel’s contact details and add them to your IMEX account under hotel confirmation approximately eight weeks before the show.
Q. How far is my hotel from Mandalay Bay?
A. View how to get there.
Q. The nights you’ve booked for me are wrong, how do I change them?
A. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. I’d like to book an extra night, how do I do this?
A. Any additional nights required at your host hotel can be booked by yourself through "Passkey". Full instructions on how to do this will be sent to you individually with your booking confirmation (around eight weeks before the show).
Q. I’ve spoken to the hotel and they say they have no record of my booking.
A. We give the hotel all our hosted buyers’ names around eight weeks before arrival. Let the hotel know you’re part of the IMEX hosted buyer block. If it's within eight weeks of the show, check you are advising the hotel of the name you registered for IMEX with, not your Passkey reference.
Q. Does the hotel offer special rates for extra nights booked by IMEX hosted buyers?
A. Contact the hotel direct for the best rate available and let them know you’re part of the IMEX hosted buyer program.
Q. I'd like to share my room. How do I arrange this?
A. Email: hosted@email@example.com so we can update your record. Any additional charges will be payable by you.
Q. Who do I contact about special requests such as a fridge in my room or a room away from the elevators?
A. Contact the hotel direct (unless you’ve already given us this information at registration as we will have passed this request to the hotel).
Q. Can I arrange early check-in on a non-show day?
A. Contact the hotel direct to request this. This will be subject to availability, and any additional charges will be payable by you.
Q. When I arrive in Las Vegas (on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) can I go direct to my hotel and access my room?
A. No, transfers go from the airport and train station direct to Mandalay Bay. You’ll be able to leave your luggage in the coat and bag check free-of-charge and access our Hosted Buyer Lounge.
Q. Why is the hotel asking for my credit card details when it’s all paid for?
A. This is to cover any extra expenses such as breakfast, room service, telephone, laundry, mini bar or late check-out fees. Please be aware you will need to have available funds on your credit card to cover any extra expenses.
Q. Is breakfast included?
A. Your IMEX hosted nights are room only and do not include breakfast. (However, your group leader may choose to host group breakfast meetings.)
Q. My flight leaves late on Thursday, can you arrange a late check out for me?
A. Contact the hotel direct to request this. This will be subject to availability and any additional charges will be payable by you.
- Room night type description – in your IMEX account
- Hosted – room night paid by us
- Buyer's own expense – you arrange/book the room night and pay for it yourself - IMEX is not responsible for booking or payment
- Fam trip – room night arranged as part of your fam trip (contact your hosted buyer group leader for details)
- Group sponsored – your intermediary will pay for this room night
- Own accommodation – you are booking your own accommodations elsewhere at your own expense
- Changes to your accommodations booking
- If you need to change the night(s) you’re being hosted, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Your hosted hotel nights are set according to your hosted buyer group’s program dates.)
We cannot change the hotel we’ve booked for you as this is set based on the hosted buyer group you’re part of.
- Pre-payment of the hotel is made on your behalf by IMEX. You will need to provide a credit card at check-in as a guarantee against incidentals.
Any extras (breakfast, room service, telephone, laundry, mini bar, late check-out fees, etc.) are not included and should be settled directly with the hotel before departure. (Note that a reduced resort fee which covers WIFI only is covered by IMEX). Any extra nights should be booked direct with the hotel at your own expense (at rates set by the hotel). Contact us before you do this so we can send the hotel’s reservations team the details of your IMEX hosted night(s).
- Attending Smart Monday
- Smart Monday, powered by MPI – is our dedicated education and networking program taking place the day before IMEX. If you’re attending the full day of education IMEX will host your accommodations on Monday night.
Please note IMEX will not host Sunday night in order for you to attend Smart Monday as this is an optional educational day.
Your flight must arrive by 11:00am on Monday and you must contact your Relationship Manager to book this night – if your program does not already include Monday night.
- Departure from Las Vegas
- Check out of your hotel settling any additional expenses
- We advise you to confirm the check-out time of your hotel with the front desk
- If you would like a late check out contact the hotel direct to arrange
- If you depart outside the transfer dates below, make your own way to the airport (at your own expense)
Tuesday, October 17:
There are no scheduled transfers from Mandalay Bay to the airport on Tuesday however anyone needing to return to Harry Reid International airport can use the return leg of the airport arrival shuttle bus, after they drop off at Shark Reef. Please see the IMEX host in the parking lot.
Wednesday, October 18:
Airport transfer service will run from 9:00am – 9:00pm from Mandalay Bay.
If you depart outside these transfer times, you will be contacted by IMEX nearer the time with instructions.
Thursday, October 19:
Airport transfer service will run from 9:00am – 9:30pm from Mandalay Bay.
If you depart outside these transfer times, you will be contacted by IMEX nearer the time with instructions.
Friday, October 20:
Information will be available during IMEX America. Check back here or visit the Hosted Buyer Lounge.
Departures after Friday, October 20:
No transfers will be available for IMEX America. Contact your group leader/group intermediary, if you are departing for a fam trip or as a group.
- If you need help with your visa application, you can request and download a letter from us to support your application by logging in to your IMEX account and selecting visa.
Hosted buyer guides and help
Looking for more detailed guides on being an IMEX hosted buyer? Browse our help guide library.See more
Relationship Manager, Hosted Buyer Programme
Operations Manager, Hosted Buyer Programme