We are committed to advancing industry standards and promoting excellence. One of the ways we do this is by offering a (largely free of charge) professional education and development program at IMEX America.
We aim to provide meetings and events industry professionals of all abilities and experience (including exhibiting staff) with ideas, tools and strategies that benefit either their organizations or their own careers.
All applications from prospective speakers are blind-reviewed by a panel on the merits of the content alone. We make our final selection based on quality and relevance to our entire program.
Applications have closed.
Our deadline for letting you know if your application is successful: August 10, 2018
Before you apply—what you need to know
Your proposed session must be relevant to one or more of our audience sectors: meetings, events and incentive travel planners and buyers; senior directors or managers from associations, agencies, the corporate sector, the not-for-profit sector, government or other sectors. We also provide specialist exhibitor-focused education.
Your proposed session must fit into one of these 10 tracks:
- Business skills
- Health and wellbeing
- Personal development
- Creative learning
- General education
- Marketing/social media
- Trends and research
We are always interested in receiving sessions on security, contracting and negotiation.
We do not typically compensate speakers for travel or accommodations expenses or pay appearance fees. We see speaking at IMEX America as a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in the meetings and events industry and present your expertise to a captive audience. Where possible we will help you gain added value through marketing, social media, PR and in our various show publications.
If selected, your session will be included in our education program which is available on our website, our app, our Show Planner and on various screens throughout the show.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve presented your proposed session elsewhere before, although we do favor fresh ideas, interesting angles and inspiring new perspectives.
No sales pitches
It’s important for you, and for us, to avoid sales pitches masked as education. We also collect audience feedback from education sessions to monitor quality and appropriateness of content.
You don’t have to present on your own. Co-presenters are always welcome.
Your proposed session should fit comfortably into one of the following four formats. (State your preference when you submit your proposal). Most education takes place on our dedicated education booth—the IMEX Inspiration Hub, although we do use other spaces too.
- 30 to 45-minute Seminar: Theater-style seating for 40-80 people. Ideal for speaker-led presentations.
- 30-minute Campfire: Suitable for 20 people—casual-seating. Campfires work best with a 10-minute introduction followed by an informal learning discussion. No AV support.
- 45-minute Hot Topic Table: We provide a table and a timeslot and your role is to moderate and facilitate peer-to-peer discussions and learning on your expert topic. Ideal for small groups of up to 15 people. Confidence and coaching skills are useful.
- Research Pod: Present your latest industry or company research/trends to a small group of up to 20 people, followed by a discussion.
Preparing your application
We use the words and description you provide to promote your session on our website, in our marketing materials and Show Planner, so it’s worth writing this carefully with time and consideration.
You should write your proposal as if persuading your audience to attend (not to us). However, we reserve the right to edit out any sensational, abusive or insensitive language.
You’ll need the following information to hand before you start your application.
- Your full contact details – name, telephone, email
- A short biography (max 1000 characters or 250 words)
- A high resolution headshot photo (jpg, gif, png format)
- Your company/organization’s logo (jpg, gif, png format)
- Details of your co-presenter (with all of the information above)
- Your proposed session title. (A captivating title is important for pre-show marketing and PR so please give this your best shot!)
- Your session description (max 300 characters or 50 words) and three learning outcomes or take-away points (max 160 characters or 20 words per outcome)
How to apply
Applications have closed. We cannot accept submissions by email. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].